K1 Visa Russia – K3 Spousal Visa Russia – Which One to Use?

If you have met a lady from Russia, and you want to have her join you in the USA as your wife, you have two options. The K1 Fiancee Visa, or the K3 Spousal visa.

The K1 visa is usually the quickest way to bring a fiancee from Russia to the USA. If you get married in Russia, you will need to return to the USA will all the required documents needed to file the K3 visa. However, your wife will need to remain behind in Russia. The K3 visa is filed at the USCIS Service Center in Chicago, and when the application is approved, the NVC (National Visa Center) will contact the US Petitioner in the USA and request that two fees are paid. The applicant must also send in proof of financial support at that time, along with your original marriage certificate and other supporting civil documents. Your wife will then have her interview at the US Embassy in Moscow, then she will receive her visa and she can travel to the USA immediately.

A K1 Visa for Russia will take approximately 2-3 months less than the K3 Marriage visa from Russia. The process at the NVC is much shorter. The application is usually forwarded to the US Embassy in Moscow within two weeks. The embassy will then contact your fiancee and schedule an interview date for her. If everything goes well at the interview, your fiancee will receive her visa within a week, and she can then travel to the USA immediately, or within six months of the issue date of the visa.

If you filed the K3 spousal visa for Russia, your wife will receive a two year green card in the mail within 30 days of her arrival. If you filed a Fiancee visa for Russia, your fiancee must marry you within 90 days of her arrival, or she must return back to her home in Russia. After marriage, you will need to file for her green card, also known as the Adjustment of Status. She will receive her work and travel authorization within 60-90 days, while the green card application is in progress. The green card is usually issued within six months from the date of filing.

Whether you file for the K1 visa for Russia, or the K3 visa from Russia, either visa will allow your lovely Russian woman to join you in the USA. As you can see, there are some differences in the two types of visas, and you must decide which visa from Russia better suits your needs.

Related Articles

Back to top button